Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys Helping You Secure Rightful Compensation
A law firm focusing on personal injury
Personal injury refers to harm caused by negligence, carelessness or deliberate wrongdoing. Personal injury law, often called tort law, typically falls under two broad categories: negligence and intentional torts. At Dolan Law, PC, our attorneys represent people injured as a result of irresponsible, dangerous or malicious behavior. We help clients in Chicago, Illinois and throughout the country collect monetary compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional pain and suffering they incur.
How we help prove negligence in your personal injury claim
If you’ve been injured and are seeking compensation, your case depends on proving that the person or entity that caused your injury was negligent or intentionally reckless. Our lawyers help you establish negligence based on the following criteria:
- Duty — The person owed you a duty of care. Doctors assume this duty when they agree to treat a patient, drivers assume this duty when they get behind the wheel, and companies assume this duty when they sell products to consumers.
- Breach of duty — The person failed to meet that duty. Examples include when a doctor forgets to take your medical history, a driver texts while operating a vehicle or a company uses toxic lead paint.
- Causation — The breach of duty led to your injury. Perhaps a doctor prescribed a medication to which a patient had an established allergy, a driver caused an accident in which others were injured or killed, or a product poisoned a consumer.
- Damages — You injury led to actual physical, financial and/or emotional costs.
Types of personal injury cases
The experienced attorneys at Dolan Law, PC handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, from the simple to the complex, including:
- Car accidents — We represent clients injured in vehicle accidents caused by people driving drunk, texting or acting in another negligent manner.
- Truck accidents — Truck accident cases are a large part of our practice. We help determine fault and causes of accidents, establish if driver negligence or trucking company negligence played a role, and take proper measures if our client was exposed to hazardous materials. We also represent clients who are hurt in collisions with construction vehicles.
- Other transportation accidents — When other modes of transportation are involved, we know how to take proper action on behalf of our clients. We’ve represented those injured in motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian knockdowns, railroad accidents and recreational vehicle accidents.
- Brain injuries — Accidents resulting in traumatic brain injuries and other catastrophic injuries are another focus of our practice. In fact, we represent victims of all types of head injuries, including acquired brain injuries, closed- and open-head injuries, and cognitive damage/memory loss.
- Dangerous premises — We handle all types of premises liability accident cases. Unsafe property conditions lead to a variety of injuries. These cases include negligent security, construction accidents, playground injuries, and slip-and-fall accidents.
- Products liability — We also have experience representing victims injured by defective products. Examples of products liability cases we handle include those involving children’s products, defective helmets, snow-blower accidents and defective medical products.
- Medical malpractice — Our lawyers take on all types of medical malpractice cases, including those involving misdiagnosis, prescription drug and anesthesia errors, surgical mistakes, patient monitoring errors, nursing home abuse, and mental health facility abuse.
- Wrongful death — We can help you file a wrongful death case if you lost a loved one to a fatal personal injury or accident because of someone’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing. Our attorneys represent family members of the deceased, who have the right to pursue compensation for their loss.
Choose a dedicated Chicago personal injury attorney
If you’ve been injured and believe you are entitled to personal injury compensation, or if you’d like more information about personal injury law, we at Dolan Law, PC can offer you support and guidance. Call 312-676-7600 or contact us online today.